[fedora-java] eclipse plugins in classpath

Roland Grunberg rgrunber at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 17:00:37 UTC 2012

> I'm working on a OmegaT-2.6.0_04_Beta update. It has some new deps
> which probably I'll talk about here too. My main concern now is
> related to the jgit dependency. The package is included in Fedora
> but is not hosted at /usr/share/java but at
> /usr/share/eclipse/dropins/jgit/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.jgit_1.1.0.201109151100-r.jar
>

> My problem is with the launching shell script[1]. As you can see I'm
> trying to adhere to the jpackage-utils conventions but I can't find
> a way to put the reference to jgit in BASE_JARS and letting
> build-classpath find it.
>

> Which could be your recommendations to fix it?
>

> [1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/OmegaT.git/tree/OmegaT.sh --

Looking at the org.eclipse.jgit bundle, it's owned by "eclipse-jgit".
However, there is also a subpackage, "jgit" that packages some jars under
/usr/share/java/jgit . From what I can see, "/usr/share/java/jgit/jgit.jar"
has all the classes in the org.eclipse.jgit bundle, so perhaps you could
try referencing that ?

Hope this helps,
--
Roland Grunberg