[fedora-java] Packages Obsoletes wrong or missing

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 14:35:55 UTC 2013

Quoting Simone Caronni (2013-08-05 16:12:55)
> On 5 August 2013 16:04, Johannes Lips <johannes.lips at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Mat Booth <fedora at matbooth.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> You should just remove the BRs on ant-nodeps and ant-trax -- they have
> >> both been obsoleted by ant for years now.
> >>
> > Well, but shouldn't that be prevented by proper Obsoletes and Provides of
> > the packages, when they are retired?
> >

> Yes, they should be. I would consider this a bug.
>
> I have a similar problem with a component, in Fedora 20 I have to add the 2
> following BuildRequires; while on the previous build from 22nd of July
> (still Fedora20) they were not required:
>
> BuildRequires:  maven-deploy-plugin
> BuildRequires:  maven-install-plugin

This is most likely caused because you are running mvn-rpmbuild install, instead
of using %mvn_build. maven-local pulls in *some* plugins, but definitely not all
of them.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241