[fedora-java] Heads-up: Upcoming netty major version update in Rawhide (Will Break Stuff)

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Mon Dec 30 15:17:53 UTC 2013

OK, a few news from me on this topic. I made following:

1. Prepared a netty4 compat package for F20 *only*,
2. Prepared a netty package upgrade from version 3 to 4 for Rawhide,
3. Prepared a netty3 compat package for Rawhide.

These packages are available here:

	http://goldmann.fedorapeople.org/netty/

It would be great to not introduce netty3 package into Rawhide. We
should do everything to not require it :)

I would need a bit of help from you:

1. Please make sure these packages are OK (I still need to to add the
Obsoletes and so on) The .src.rpm files are there too.
2. Please test your packages against these (new netty from Rawhide)
packages.

I would like to proceed with the upgrade ASAP, since wildfly 8.0.0.CR1
was already released and its dependencies require upgrade to netty 4.

Thanks!

--Marek