[fedora-java] Question about wagon-webdav build failure

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 23:06:11 UTC 2013

On 16 February 2013 19:47, Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Now, wagon-webdav does not appear to exist in Fedora, so I'm not
>> surprised it
>> fails to build, but I'm curious as to why it builds okay in F18.
>>  maven change?
>
> This is a bug in maven local resolver. I'm going to fix in ASAP
> (Monday or Tuesday), feel free to report a bug against xmvn package
> if you want to be updated on the progress.
>

>> Anyway, suggestions on how to handle this?  I'm not familiar with
>> "extension"
>> as a pom entry.
>
> A workaround is to remove the extension from POM. You can use
> a macro in %prep:
>   %pom_xpath_remove pom:build/pom:extensions
>
> --
> Mikolaj
> --

In a similar vein, I was trying to get some Java FTBFS bugs fixed from
the mass rebuild and am getting this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.4:process
(default) on project commons-logging: Execution default of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.4:process
failed: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.3
or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect
dependencies for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:jar:1.3 ():
Failed to read artifact descriptor for
org.apache.maven.shared:maven-artifact-resolver:jar:1.0: The
repository system is offline but the artifact
org.apache.maven.shared:maven-shared-components:pom:12 is not
available in the local repository. -> [Help 1]

Is this transient or should I file a bug somewhere?

May

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora