[fedora-java] Apache TomEE rpms

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 07:52:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Mon, 2013-07-15 at 21:44 -0700, David Blevins wrote:
> Hello Fedora/Java people,
>
> First post to the list, so hello!

Welcome!

> We've crafted up some RPMs for Apache TomEE and are looking to contribute them to Fedora if at all possible.
>
> * http://dl.bintray.com/hgomez/devops-incubator-rpm/tomee-jaxrs-1.5.2-1.noarch.rpm?direct
> * http://dl.bintray.com/hgomez/devops-incubator-rpm/tomee-webprofile-1.5.2-1.noarch.rpm?direct
> * http://dl.bintray.com/hgomez/devops-incubator-rpm/tomee-plus-1.5.2-1.noarch.rpm?direct
>
> I haven't much of an idea on what the process for this might be.  Dan
> Allen (RedHat) pointed us this way.  Hoping someone here might have
> insight, even if that is some other list.

It seems this would be a new package for Fedora. As such, here is the
documentation as to how to get it in:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

In a nutshell this would be:
     1. Check that your spec file follows guidelines (see below)
     2. Make sure that all your dependencies are in Fedora. If they
        aren't you'll have to package them too.
     3. Upload spec + SRPM of your Apache TomEE package somewhere
     4. Open a RHBZ asking for a review
     5. Get it reviewed
     6. Ask on your bug for dist-git repos
     7. Git push, and build the package in Koji
     8. Profit

Some of those steps should be easy since you already have a spec/SRPM to
start from.

Since this would be a Java package, please follow these guidelines in
your spec:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Java

If you use Eclipse there is tooling available which should help with
this process. The tool is called Fedora Packager for Eclipse, which is
an alternative to the fedpkg CLI:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Packager_For_Eclipse_User_Guide

This document also has pointers to all the steps you need to follow.

HTH,
Severin