[fedora-java] Support for more Maven packaging types

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 16:34:56 UTC 2013

So far %mvn_install macro supports installation of only
basic Maven packaging types ("bundle", "ejb", "jar",
"maven-plugin", "pom").

If you are interested in support for additional packaging
types (I think that Tycho[1] and WAR would be worth adding)
then you can read the short tutorial[2] I have just written
and which explains how to create extensions for XMvn.

If you prepare the necessary code to support some new
packaging type then you can either contribute it to XMvn
or package and maintain separately.  In either case you can
count on help from my side.

Especially to maintainers of Eclipse and related packages
(features, plugins etc.): I believe that writing code to
support Tycho packaging types could help you a lot.
I haven't written support for them myself because I don't
know all details of packaging Eclipse bundles and best
practices of doing so, but you can count on my cooperation
if you would like to give XMvn a try.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Packaging_Types