[fedora-java] [Announce] Thermostat Test Day

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Wed May 22 19:29:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'd like to invite interested Java developers, system admins and other
interested parties to our Thermostat Test Day. The test day is tomorrow,
May 23, 2013[1]. Thermostat[2] is an extensible open source
serviceability and monitoring tool for OpenJDK. The tool gives you an
inside perspective of what's going on in the JVM and on the host the JVM
is running on. Ever wanted to create a heap dump? Interested in which
threads are mostly idle in your application? Thermostat is the tool you
are looking for!

If you've never heard about Thermostat before, this is your opportunity
to try it out and familiarize yourself with this new and exciting tool.

We are going to be around all day tomorrow to assist you trying out
Thermostat. You can get a hold of us on IRC in #fedora-test-day or
#thermostat (both on freenode).

We'd be particularly interested what first-time users find confusing
about the tool. So don't be shy! Just follow the instructions described
in the "Planned Tests" section. What's more, we're here to help.

Thanks and happy testing!

Cheers,
Severin

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2013-05-23_Thermostat