[fedora-java] Packaging tomcat shell scripts

Robert Rati rrati at redhat.com
Thu Nov 7 13:26:42 UTC 2013

> Since I've come along systemd's tomcat at foo service file[1] recently
> while packaging thermostat in rawhide, what is preventing you from using
> this for hadoop httpfs? It worked quite nicely for us, since we didn't
> have to ship our own systemd service file. We now simply use $ systemctl
> start tomcat at thermostat for firing up tomcat with a CATALINA_BASE
> in /var/lib/tomcats/thermostat.

I'll take a look at this and see if it'll work for us.  Hadoop isn't the
only service that runs this way.  It seems the hadoop ecosystem tends to
like to deploy this way and atm I need to look into what you've
suggested to know if it'll work for hadoop and/or other projects.

Unless I missed something, I don't see any reason why the shell scripts
can't be packaged.  If the above solution is viable this could just be a
through exercise, but what is wrong with providing the shell scripts?

Rob