[fedora-java] Java 8 testing in Fedora

Omair Majid omajid at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 21:32:52 UTC 2014

* Deepak Bhole <dbhole at redhat.com> [2014-04-02 14:16]:
> * Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk at redhat.com> [2014-04-02 07:21]:
> > 3) Some new methods were added, which breaks existing code.  Examples:
> >   java.util.Map - remove(K,V)
> >   java.util.List - sort(Comparator)
>
> The java.util* ones use the new default mechanism and should pose no
> problem afaik. Can you post a snippet of the error message?

ini4j runs into this problem. I filed the bug with the error message:
https://sourceforge.net/p/ini4j/bugs/47/

Basically, a class implements the java.util.Map interface and has a
method. With Java 8, java.util.Map gained a method with the same name
but a different return type. Now javac wont compile the class because
the implemented method is incompatible with the signature of the new
method in java.util.Map.

I don't see an obvious fix for this, at least for ini4j.

Thanks,
Omair

--
PGP Key: 66484681 (http://pgp.mit.edu/)
Fingerprint = F072 555B 0A17 3957 4E95  0056 F286 F14F 6648 4681