[fedora-java] Fedora eclipse package built on OpenMandriva

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 05:22:09 UTC 2014

  Hi,

  I would like to let you know that after 2+ months of work I managed to
port almost all fedora java stack to OpenMandriva. The most eye candy
package should be eclipse:

x86_64: https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1543009
i586: https://abf.rosalinux.ru/build_lists/1543008

  Most of my problems were first needing to start from a completely
broken java stack, and second using rpm5. To "bootstrap" I installed
fedora packages on OpenMandriva, then rebuilt them native and
"injected" them in cooker repositories:

https://abf.rosalinux.ru/openmandriva/javapackages-bootstrap/blob/master/create-spec.pl

while rebuilding on the proper build system added a single line header on
every spec:

%{?_javapackages_macros:%_javapackages_macros}

 that is defined in /etc/rpm/macros.d/javapackages-tools.macros:
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/openmandriva/javapackages-tools/blob/master/javapackages-tools.macros

and some other rpm macros, to allow mostly unmodified fedora specs.

  I know some people will just say I was cheap and did just copy work
from others, that probably is true :-)

  I basically ported f20 packages, on a few exceptions I fetched FTBFS
corrections from rawhide, or when trivial did it myself, but 99% of the
packages rebuilt properly.

Thanks,
Paulo