[fedora-java] What's new in javapackages-tools 4.0.0

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Thu Jun 12 08:22:28 UTC 2014

On 06/12/2014 10:07 AM, Michal Srb wrote:
> - changes in %pom_* macros (contributed by Michael Simacek, thanks!):
>     - new macro %pom_change_dep for changing dependencies in Maven POM
> files or Ivy modules
>         - see man pom_change_dep for more details

I can't see manpage for this macro:

$ man pom_change_dep
No manual entry for pom_change_dep

Unlike all other macros it's not documented in
/usr/lib/rpm/macros.d/macros.fjava either.

>     - macros %pom_change_dep, %pom_remove_dep, %pom_remove_plugin,
> %pom_xpath_remove and %pom_xpath_replace now support recursive mode
>         - see corresponding man pages for more details

Even as one of developers of javapackages I didn't know about this.
That's why release notes are very important IMO.

> - Requires generator now generates auto-requires instead of XMvn when
> (sub)packages contain only POM artifacts
>     - this change shouldn't be visible to end users

There is another change related to auto-provides and requires.  Requires
for POM artifacts are now in the usual format like any other artifacts.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat