[fedora-java] [Fwd: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 21 v3]

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Thu Jun 26 06:50:38 UTC 2014

On 06/25/2014 09:09 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 06/25/2014 09:27 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
>>> This message accidentally got rejected by the list.
>>> Could one of the (other) admins make sure non-subscribers can post
>>> to java-devel (I don't know the list admin password).
>>
>> I would like to keep the list as it is now to minimize amount of spam
>> received. I can send you the list admin password if you want.
>>
>> In this particular case the message was sent to devel-announce. I
>> would expect all people interested in Fedora development to subscribe
>> to this important list - cross-posting to java-devel wasn't necessary.
>
> the message was also sent directly to the package owners. somewhere in
> there the list is added in the ownership chain.

java-sig is not maintainer of any package - it merely watches commits
and bugs. The script seems to incorrectly detect package ownership used
to generate the email.

> It really is rude when
> you do things like commit to a package and get a bounce back because
> the commit email goes to a list you can not post to, and I guess
> defeats the purpose of making those types of emails go to the list.
> likely the java-sig group has the list as its email.  Please fix.

Emails about commits and bugs go to a different list - java-sig-commits.
If you email java-sig at f.o the message will go to java-devel (you need to
be subscribed to post). If you email $pkg-owner at f.o, submit a bug or
commit to a package watched by java-sig then the email goes to
java-sig-commits (no need to be subscribed, no bounces). Unless I am
mistaken I don't see anything to fix here, besides the rel-eng script.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat