[fedora-java] Figure out feature from package name

Roland Grunberg rgrunber at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 16:42:45 UTC 2014

> Android bundle ships Eclipse Juno which is really old and buggy. I
> would like to use latest Eclipse shipped by Fedora. And I would like
> to install packages that resemble Android bundle as closely as
> possible.
>
> Besides ADT, Android bundle Eclipse provides following features.
>
> Eclipse.org
> 1. Eclipse Platform - org.eclipse.platform
> 2. Eclipse RCP - org.eclipse.rcp
> 3. Help System Base - org.eclipse.help

eclipse-platform

> Eclipse Modeling Project
> 1. EMF Common - org.eclipse.emf.common
> 2. EMF Ecore - org.eclipse.emf.ecore

eclipse-emf

> Eclipse CDT
> 1. Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools - org.eclipse.cdt
> 2. GDB Common - org.eclipse.cdt.gdb

eclipse-cdt

> Eclipse EGit
>
> 1. Git Team Provider - org.eclipse.egit
> 2. Git Team Provider - org.eclipse.egit.import

eclipse-egit

> Eclipse JGit - JGit Core - org.eclipse.jgit

eclipse-jgit

> How do I figure out what packages provide these features? Yum info or
> rpm -qi have not been very useful.

You could do this with repoquery. For example :

repoquery -q --whatprovides "osgi(org.eclipse.egit)"

org.eclipse.egit, being the Bundle-SymbolicName we're interested in.
I don't think the osgi provides/requires are done for features so
the next best thing is to look for Bundle-SymblicName headers.

Fedora 20 has Eclipse Kepler, but you could also get an Eclipse Luna
Copr repo from

Hope this helps,
--
Roland Grunberg