[fedora-java] Eclipse Luna on Fedora 21 and JDK 8 requirement

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 20:24:36 UTC 2014

On 30 Oct 2014, at 11:46, Mikolaj Izdebski wrote:

> On 10/30/2014 11:20 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> Thus its surprising to me if fedora does not provide access to
>> multiple
>> builds of java
>> for such testing. Does Fedora really only provide *one* Java runtime
>> install and test against ?
>
> Fedora 20 used to have 3 different Java versions (5, 7, 8).

ok, why no Java 6 ?

> OpenJDK 7
> was removed from F21 because its support will end before F21 EOL and
> we
> don't want to ship software not supported by upstream.

So for users most stable thing is to use Oracle JDK builds instead which
are and will stay available ?

No separate repo with "binaries that is currently supported but will not
stay supported for all of fedora 21 lifetime" ?

(just trying to understand the logic/intent)

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen