[fedora-java] still newbie, #2: rpmbuild & deps madness.

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 12:17:13 UTC 2015

On 22/02/15 11:58, Alec Leamas wrote:
> Greetings, gurus!
>

> So, I have have successfully built two dependencies (thanks for all
> help!), and now going for the third which requires the the first two.
> The build is OK, but rpmbuild crashes.

So, after a debugging session deep down in the python libraries the bug
is simple: when I install the DecodeIrCaller package, it sets the
metadata file to 600, so rpmbuild can't read it. It would have been easy
if it wasn't that the python packages have mis-configured logging so
there is no reasonable error message.

The python logging is a plain bug I will file. But the mystery is why my
DecodeIrCaller package installs the metadata for this very package  as a
600 file.

The relevant pieces:

The spec: http://ur1.ca/js840
The pom: http://ur1.ca/js842

The problem:
$ ls -l /usr/share/maven-metadata/DecodeIrCaller.xml
-rw-------. 1 root root 938 Feb 23 13:02
/usr/share/maven-metadata/DecodeIrCaller.xml

Has anyone a clue?

Cheers!

--alec