[fedora-java] Remove "EE APIs" section from guidelines?

Michal Srb msrb at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 07:57:55 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I would like to propose a small change to our Java packaging guidelines.
The change is simple: remove whole "Packaging and using EE APIs" section
[1]. As far as I can tell, there is currently no Java package fully
conforming with this section in Fedora. I also think that from
maintenance perspective, it's better not to have our hands tied with
guidelines (in such less important matters), but to be able act
accordingly to current situation in Fedora. The matter of which package
should provide which EE API can be discussed here on java-devel ML. We
can easily reevaluate our decision before every Fedora release, without
need to change the guidelines every time.

Please let me know what you think of this proposal. We can arrange
java-sig IRC meeting, or we can discuss and vote here. I personally
prefer the latter option.

Thanks,
Michal

[1]: