KDE 4.2 Icons

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 20:56:08 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 16 December 2008 17:44:18 Mark Bidewell wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Mark Bidewell
>
> <mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:
> > I am using the latest KDE 4.2 RPMs.  When I am in desktop view, I
> > cannot place icons outside the upper left hand quarter of my screen.
> > If I try to move an icon into any other region it will snap back..
> > This issue does not occur in folder view.  Before I file a bug I was
> > wondering if anyone else had seen this issue?
> >
> > Mark Bidewell
>
> BTW I solved this by deleting ~/.kde.  I seem to be doing that a lot
> lately...

Best thing rather than doing that is to put Plasma *only* back to its defaults
first to test, In Konsole:

kquitapp plasma & (quits plasma)

mv ~/.kde/share/config/plasma* out of the way to say your Home DIR.

plasma & (restarts plasma with the defaults)

You have to quit plasma before making the changes to the plasma* rc files.

Colin