Respin 4.1.85 ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 21:58:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 15:23 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > Any chance we could spin a 4.1.85-3 with the updated dbus in it ?  I'm
> > not sure that yum update worked properly for me due to overlay size
> > limits.
>
> Funny you should mention that... (in short yes):
> http://rdieter.livejournal.com/11660.html

How hard are these things to set up and spin ?  Is there a HOWTO
somewhere ?

I know that you are selecting packages with the idea that people burn
them to CDs.  But with the availability of the $20 4GB USB drive and the
live-cd tools, I bet a lot of people will write them to the their USB
device.

If that is the case, you don't have to adhere to the 650MB limit
anymore.   Could you make another version that has more stuff on it,
like amarok, firefox and maybe a few other things.

The more useable you make these releases and the easier you make them to
use and set up, the more and the better the use and testing is going to
be. Having data persistence with overlay and /home is a good step
forward, but that data will still be lost with each new iso released.

Just thinking out loud.  Great work, Rex.