Akonadi Confusion

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:09:32 UTC 2008

I am using the latest akonadi from kde-testing with kde-4.2 beta. All seems to
be working well, except for some confusion regarding the relationship between
akonadi and the original resources, namely:

When making changes, ie., adding or modifying a contact in addressmanager, or
making a new appointment in korganizer, the akonadi resource is updated, but
the std.ics and std.vcf files, the original resources, are never updated.

Running aconadiconsole also has a sync function, but the original resources
are not updated here, either.

Were something to happen to the akonadi database, the resources would be
useless, as they are out of date.

Yes, I do realize that the akonadi tray manager has a backup and restore
function, but, were one to rely solely on this, then what is the point of
setting up the std.ics and std.vcf resources, since they will no longer
contain current information?