How do I prevent the screen for turning off on my desktop?

Orcan Ogetbil orcanbahri at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 21 00:04:56 UTC 2008

Here are my settings:

System Settings -> Advanced -> Power Management -> General Settings -> "lock screen on resume" is unchecked.

System Settings -> General -> Display -> Power Control -> "Enable display power management" is unchecked.

System Settings -> General -> Desktop -> Screen Saver -> "Start automatically" is unchecked.

System Settings -> General -> Desktop -> Screen Saver -> "Require password to stop" is unchecked.

Now, why does my screen go off after 10 minutes of inactivity and on resume it asks for my password? This makes me sad, and irritates me in certain occasions. I think I tried every combination of the above checkbox'.

This is a desktop computer. No batteries.

-Orcan