permanently expand all threads in selected folders

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:37:31 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 30 December 2008 12:03:27 Claude Jones wrote:
> It uset to be possible to set the behavior for thread expansion.
> For certain folders, like the one I pipe this list to, for
> example, I prefer to have all threads permanently expanded. I
> can't seem to get that to happen any more...
> anyone?

You don't say what version of what program you're talking about.

I will assume that you are referring to kmail 1.10.92, which I have
installed from the fedora kde-testing repository.  It seems that kmail
has changed dramatically in this area.  You want to click the Select
Aggregation Mode button to right hand side of the search box above the
list view.  That will drop down a menu which includes Configure...

This opens a dialog box and you want to select the Groups, Threads and
Sorting tab.  You will find what you are looking for in here.  In
particular, the Thread Expand Policy setting will control expanding
threads.  This seems to be a global setting, though.

--
Garry T. Williams --- +1 678 656-4579