permanently expand all threads in selected folders

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 21:11:53 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 30 December 2008 14:14:59 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> I like to have the oldest on top so that I can work my way through,
> deleting as I deal with them. This is also forgotten each time I
> open the folder. I tried setting, under aggregation mode, setting
> folder always uses this aggregation, but it has no effect on my
> scenario.

This is an example of some changes in the kmail user interface that I
think are quite surprising.

Earlier releases made sort choices persistent when clicking the column
headings.  They are no longer persistent.

Furthermore, changes to this sort order using the new button, Change
Sort Order are not persistent either.

You need to use the Configure... choice of the Select Aggregation Mode
button under the Groups, Threads and Sorting tab to make any
persistent change to sort criteria and order.

Very surprising.

--
Garry T. Williams --- +1 678 656-4579