xsettings-kde (was Re: Interface fonts in Firefox and Thunderbird with KDE4)

James Amundson amundson at fnal.gov
Tue Dec 30 21:22:21 UTC 2008

James Amundson wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 21 December 2008, James Amundson wrote:
>>

>>> Does anyone out there understand how Firefox and Thunderbird determine
>>> which fonts to use for their user interface, i.e., menus, etc? I have
>>> installed "GTK styles and Fonts" display settings module. It works fine
>>> for ordinary gtk and Gnome applications. However, Firefox and
>>> Thunderbird seem to have some more complex system for determining their
>>> system fonts.
>>>
>> Looks like they only honor the settings from gnome-settings-daemon (which
>> doesn't run by default in KDE), not the GTK+ settings.
>>

> Yes, that must be true. I did not have a problem with Fedora 8 and KDE
> 3, so something must have changed. Any ideas?

OK. I think I see the culprit. Fedora 10 has
xsettings-kde-0.6-3.fc8.x86_64 (fc8!!!!!!!!). The current version of
xsettings-kde is 0.9. According to the xsettings-kde Changelog, KDE4
support was added around 0.8.

Is there any chance of getting a more recent version of xsettings-kde in
Fedora 10? Should I submit a bug report?

--Jim Amundson