xsettings-kde (was Re: Interface fonts in Firefox and Thunderbird with KDE4)

James Amundson amundson at fnal.gov
Wed Dec 31 04:52:46 UTC 2008

> Disappointing... afaict, it doesn't work at all (at least for font-related settings).
>
> Nevertheless, I'll put it up for testing somewhere, so others can try it out too.

Thanks.

I played with it a little. (It builds easily, at least.) It tries to
read configuration information out of ~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals
instead of ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals. (The difference is ".kde4"
instead of ".kde".) It also reads
/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/kdeglobals. I
was able to change my font settings under kde by editing
/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/kdeglobals.
It's ugly, but it's some kind of progress. I still have some issue with
font sizes not being interpreted the same in gtk and kde, which must be
a dpi settings problem.

--Jim