much of KDE freezes for 20 seconds (includes strace output)

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:12:55 UTC 2009

On 31/03/2009, Hans Ecke <hans at ruelle.mines.edu> wrote:
> > with nvidia fully uninstalled?  (even no libs being present?)
>
> Yes.

I dont know how you installed the nvidia drivers but are you aware
that if you use the nvidia provided installer it replaces certain
libraries on the system including libGL so simply uninstalling it or
changing to another driver is *NOT* enough to remove it. If on the
other hand you installed from rpmfusion you can yum remove the nvidia
packages and then we can rule out nvidia proprietry drivers once and
for all for this issue.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...