nVidia 'binary blob' drivers

Clive Messer clive at vacuumtube.org.uk
Fri Apr 3 15:35:41 UTC 2009

The recently released "stable" nVidia 180.44 driver contains a fix for OpenGL
crashing when running plasma. Obviously relevant to this list. rpmfusion
latest f10 package was for 180.29. (I think 180.37 was only packaged for dev.)
Anyway, it might be worth asking if they can upgrade the f10 build.

I've been running 180.44 on f10 with GTX295, GTX260, 8800GTX & 7900GTO, using
CUDA, mplayer with vdpau, and OpenGL games on top of KDE (de enabled), without
a single crash or hang so far. Certainly not the case, pre 180.44! Just
thought I'd mention it.

Regards

Clive
--