KTorrent Web Interface Port Forward

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 03:51:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 21:47 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 19:06 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >> Does anyone have the web interface working for KTorrent when forwarded by UPnP?
> >
> > Late in responding as I've been travelling, but (exactly for that
> > reason) I left Ktorrent running and opened my firewall to the web
> > interface so I could control it from afar. I have to say it worked
> > really well, except for suddenly not responding in the last couple of
> > days (which appears to have been related to a plasma crash since the
> > machine didn't lose connectivity).
> >
> > I have UPnP turned on so it can agree with the router on what ports to
> > open. Is that what you're asking about?
>
> I was asking specifically about the web interface... did you have to
> open up a port on your router/firewall to the ktorrent machine for
> it's web interface? Or did you check the box to let UPnP handle that?

I checked the box in the Ktorrent Settings dialogue (this has nothing to
do with the web interface, it's just for normal BT use).

I don't normally run web services on this machine so I also used
system-config-firewall to open a specific TCP port, and configured that
same port in the router (a Belkin) to allow HTTP in. This means
specificing that port instead of 80 when browsing from the Web of
course. I also set a strong password.

poc