New mail notification in Kmail (kde 4.2.2)

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:41:12 UTC 2009

On Monday 06 April 2009 19:13:38 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Martin Kho wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've set up Kmail as a IMAP-client for gmail. No notification message
> > pops up, when new mail arrives. To see if there is new mail, I've to
> > enter all  my folders. Under Settings --> Configure notifications I've
> > chosen to get a pop up a notification message and a mark on the taskbar.
> >
> > Anyone else seen this behavior?  Can I alter this? Or ... is it a
> > bug/regression?
>
> and your imap account is configured to check for new mail?

Thanks Rex for your response. Yes, "manual check" and every "5" minutes are
both selected. Yesterday I saw that the mark taskbar entry was working. I'll
try to find out if can get some more information about the circumstances under
which the notifications will or will not appear. You'll hear from me.

Martin