New mail notification in Kmail (kde 4.2.2)

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:29:11 UTC 2009

2009/4/6 Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Martin Kho <lists.kho at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've set up Kmail as a IMAP-client for gmail.
>
> I have this setup myself.
>
>> No notification message pops
>> up, when new mail arrives.
>
> It isn't enabled by default. Have you enabled it?
>
>> To see if there is new mail, I've to enter all  my
>> folders.
>
> Do you have the account set to check for mail at a time interval.
>
>> Under Settings --> Configure notifications I've chosen to get a pop
>> up a notification message and a mark on the taskbar.
>>
>> Anyone else seen this behavior?
>
> It works surprisingly well on my side.
>
>> Can I alter this? Or ... is it a
>> bug/regression?
>
> What version of Kmail do you have exactly?

@Arthur: KMail 1.11.2 (KDE 4.2.2)

What I see is as follows. In KMail I have 4 subfolders (corresponding
to the Labels in Gmail), an inbox and a directory entry [Google Mail]
with subfolders:
1. Inbox active folder (visible on screen) and new mail arrives in
inbox -> notification
2. inbox active folder (visible on screen) and new mail arrives in a
subfolder (not visible on screen) -> no notification
3. Subfolder active (visible on screen) and new mail arrives in this
subfolder -> notification
4. Subfolder active (visible on screen) and new mail arrives in other
subfolder or inbox -> no notification

Any ideas?

Martin