Why Do I See some gnome stuff running on my system?

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 22:29:15 UTC 2009

 On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
>I really don't want to go into a very very very old debate.

Me neither.  But it had to be said.

PS., Orcan.  I can't begin to imagine how you broke it like that.
That's awesome.  :D

Maybe you've got gnome-session and nautilus running at the same time
as Plasma, though:  gnome-appearance-properties (or most of the
gnome-control-panel programs) seem to activate gnome-settings-daemon,
which manages the preferences for a GNOME desktop session, and may
initialize some more GNOME desktop stuff on top of the current KDE
desktop.