Shutdown doesn't power off

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 9 08:35:13 UTC 2009

Hehe - I've just done my first 'hack' - which really means that I made an
intelligent guess and it's cured the problem :-)

On Tuesday night I set the netbook to shut down, and went to bed leaving it
'doing it's thing'.  Next morning I saw a blank but lit screen.  Last night I
stayed with it and saw the message

/etc/rc0.d/S01halt: line 178: [: missing ']'

In fact the ']' is not missing, but it needs a space in front of it, after
which I now have a clean shutdown.