KDE 4.2.1: How do I put an icon for the terminal app in my panel ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 20:03:02 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 22:24 +0300, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> On Saturday 11 April 2009 20:11:11 Linuxguy123 wrote:

> for the

> then

> it
> > > >

> > > yum install mind-reader
> > >
> > > (Don't take that seriously). Doesn't dragging from the KDE menu
> work
> > > with widgets unlocked?
> >
> > Not that I can see.
> >

> I'm assuming the panel you want has other icons on it?

I got the icons installed by doing this:

a) Open the menu in kickoff mode.  It doesn't work in traditional mode.

b) Drag the desired icon from the menu to the desired panel.  Note that
you might have to move the cursor around to find a space where it will
allow it to be dropped and then move it later.  You might also want to
make the panel wider than it needs to be so that it will allocate space
to allow you to drop the icon on it.

Once the icon is on the panel, open it for editing and put it where you
want it.