F10, KDE4.2 and VirtualBox

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Wed Apr 15 02:21:29 UTC 2009

I had all this working well, then updated to the latest VirtualBox. Now, when
I open Kontact, Kmail starts getting mail and after 30-90 seconds, the whole
VM locks up. Totally - I can't even shut it down from the command line - I
have to log out of my base machine to kill the VM. If I don't run Kontact, the
VM works great, but that's one of the principal reasons I set up this
particular machine. It's running on a Vista Ultimate box. My entire KDE is
latest from KDE-Redhat. I doubt this has anything to do with Fedora or KDE but
I thought I'd look for prior experience here. I imagine this is going to be a
VirtualBox issue, but, is anyone here running into this?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA