KDE live images oversized again

Ben Boeckel MathStuf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 13:04:05 UTC 2009

Fabio Locati wrote:

> Could be reasonable remove gtk and the packages that
depend over it?

kde-plasma-networkmanagement is not ready to replace
nm-applet. Hopefully F12, but we'll have to see.
Upstream is, AFAIK, one person (Wil Stephenson). The
system-config-* apps also don't have equivalents in KDE
yet. Yes, it'd be nice, but it's not feasible at the
moment.

- --Ben

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Than Ngo
> <than at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Am Donnerstag 23 April 2009 10:46:12 schrieb
Sebastian Vahl:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> since yesterdays rawhide push the size of some
packages increased a bit.
>>> So without real changes to the package list the
x86_64 image is
>>> oversized again. I've already removed most of the
additional packages
>>> (only amarok is still there), but now I'm out of
ideas and need some

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=SebastianVahl/CurrentPackageLis
>>>t&oldid=98314
>>>

>>> The easiest way would be to remove amarok which
would save about 12 megs
>>> of space. But I do not really want to to that, so
any ideas are welcome.

TuqUDEhatI4ANWPb/1PvSmm0pvjS0E/A at public.gmane.org