KDE live images oversized again

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Apr 26 03:54:57 UTC 2009

Ben Boeckel wrote:
> vlgothic-fonts is 2.3MB, cjkuni-uming-fonts is 10MB,

We could drop vlgothic-fonts as cjkuni-uming-fonts also covers Japanese,
however AFAIK Japanese users prefer the "Gothic" style (i.e. the one used
in vlgothic) and may find the uming style hard to read.

Chinese users, on the other hand, AFAIK prefer the uming style, and in
addition vlgothic probably doesn't cover all Chinese characters (that's
presumably why it is smaller). So dropping cjkuni-uming-fonts in favor of
vlgothic-fonts doesn't make much sense to me.

Of course we could just kick them both out, dropping CJK font support
entirely. We already don't really support CJK as we have no input methods.

        Kevin Kofler