Building KDE svn on F11

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Sun Apr 26 07:30:24 UTC 2009

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/kdelibs/devel/kdelibs-4.2.0-gcc44-workaround.patch?revision=1.1&view=markup

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/kdelibs/devel/kdelibs-4.2.0-gcc44-misc.patch?revision=1.1&view=markup
> (this one should probably go upstream, I don't see why it wouldn't
> qualify).
>
> And if you want Konqueror not to crash on every page containing
JavaScript,

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/kdelibs/devel/kdelibs-4.2.0-kjs-gcc44-crash.patch?revision=1.4&view=markup

>         Kevin Kofler

Oh, I wish I knew this earlier (or thought of it myself :)).

I talked to someone upstream and they have created an other patch for me
(at CMake level). After applying the patches from the link below, compiling
KDE 4.3.0 went pretty much flawless on F11 using kdesvn-build 1.8.

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-buildsystem/2009-April/005759.html

Oh well, it's probably a good thing that upstream is aware of it now (if
they were not already). :)

--
Eelko Berkenpies