kde vs. nx

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:50:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 April 2009, George Galt wrote:

>> > It used to work but stopped sometime within past 6 months.  This is all
>> > recent nx (3.3.0).
>>
>> I'm currently using nx 3.3 with Fedora 10/KDE 4.2, but it took a
>> little research.  The issue (at least for me) was that there are some
>> fonts that don't seem to get pulled in when installing nx.  I can't
>> remember the correct font file, but Google for KDE 4 and nx and you
>> should be able to find which file it is.
>>
> The problem is, when it starts I can't give focus to any window, which makes
> it completely broken.

Neal:

I was getting variable results prior to installing the missing font
package.  Sometimes it wouldn't start at all, sometimes it would start
but not display anything on the screen (other than the background).  I
never got your focus issue, but giving the varying ways in which the
missing font file manifested itself, it's possible this is still your
problem.  Sorry if this comment didn't help.

George