Firewall strangeness

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 2 18:46:14 UTC 2009

I have been using s-c-firewall on this laptop, but I needed to track down a
problem, so Iused s.c.f to disable the firewall.  Now the issue is resolved I
want to re-enable it, but can't.  I've also tried 'service iptables start'

iptables: Applying firewall rules: iptables-restore v1.4.3.1: interface name
`Wireless_connection_1' must be shorter than IFNAMSIZ (15)
Error occurred at line: 12

Nothing has changed since iptables was happily running.
'Wireless_connection_1' is not something that I entered.

Googling hasn't come up with anything helpful, so I'm stuck.  Somewhere there
must be a file that has line 12 containing 'Wireless_connection_1' - can
anyone tell me where to find it?

Thanks