Amarok on new F11

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 07:02:49 UTC 2009

On Sunday 26 July 2009 18:16:27 Anne Wilson wrote:
> New installation (+kde updates) on laptop - A track plays for just under 1
> minute, then starts to race through the rest with only crackles and pops
> souding.  The same track plays to the end in kaffeine.
>
> I had to change the default in Amarok from Intel ICH6 to PA to get it to
> play at all, but that's the only change I've made.  Any idea what the
> problem might be?  Thanks

Could you try to switch to GStreamer backend instead Xine default one? I was
trying to figure out what was wrong but... With GStreamer backend it's OK.
Still I have lot of problems with PA itself so practically no sound on my
workstation...

yum install phonon-backend-gstreamer
and then switch to GStreamer backend in System Settings...

PS: we need some GStreamer testing...

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>