Amarok1 alongside Amarok2 in kde-redhat?

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:59:27 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:

>> Ryan Rix wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The kde-redhat repo packages amarok1 alongside of amarok but these two
>>> packages conflict with eachother. How hard would it be to repackage it
>>> so that amarok1 could be installed alongside amarok?
>>
>> Not possible, it's an either/or thing.
>
> Well, never say never and all that, but it's just not practical.
>
> -- Rex

So it's more than just a few binary names and config flags, eh? Alright,
well :)
Amarok2 is still giving me the occasional headache and I'd to be able to
fall back to a media player I enjoy when something goes awry (my database is
fried again...) instead of using some GNOME player... :(

--
---
Ryan Rix

<Tazman> damn my office is cold.
<Tazman> need a hot secretary to warm it up.
	-- Seen on #Linux

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.