When are we going to have the spins named appropriately?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 02:48:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Thomas
Janssen<thomasj at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> It doesn't look too good for us as long as they are not willing to
> make a awesome first page (like some mockups) *without* a default
> Image to download. Instead of that default-image-download-link, there
> should be just a link "Download" which links to *all* *Editions*.

Right, having a recommended default is one thing -- an acceptable
position since not all users know enough to make a choice.

However, all editions/spins, whatever you want to call them should be
given equal footing.

As it is, a user has no reason to even question what they may or may
not be missing with the default. If the default was "Gnome Desktop",
they would at least be aware that the alternatives to "Gnome Desktop"
may bare some consideration at some point.

--
Fedora 10
(www.pembo13.com)