When are we going to have the spins named appropriately?

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 14 10:32:23 UTC 2009

2009/8/14 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:
> Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>> I'm not sure about spins - some of the spins are really specific,
>> targeting on small audience - like Astronomy one, Electronic one... But
>> editions should be treated same way. I don't have any objections against
>> having Gnome as default one, we need default option and obviously only one
>> can be default :D
>
> Well, I think there should be no one default, users should have to choose
> explicitly.

There are always user who don't care, so it's ok to have a default
(for example the one on top of the list) for them. Even if it's just
to show them "the most developers in Fedora do work on GNOME". It
would be the truth, not more and not less. I think we have no reason
to be jealous or afraid. KDE is the more modern, shiny (add what you
want) DE.

> What's particularly funny is that one one hand people argue that more users
> = more potential contributors, but on the other hand, they argue that users
> are unable to choose between KDE and GNOME. How is somebody who can't make
> such a simple choice ever going to become a contributor? Those people will
> always just drain our limited resources with dumb questions.

+1

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium