Need some testing done.

Steven M. Parrish smparrish at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 13:06:34 UTC 2009

I am working on tracking down what is causing KPackagekit to change its
default behavior.   We have the defaults set to Daily/None but somehow they
are getting changed to Hourly/Security.  Based on what I am seeing on my own
boxes it appears to be changing when kpackagekit crashes for whatever reason.

This is what I need to help track it down.  If kpackagekit crashes by itself
or if you have to abort it please do the following.

cat ~/.kde/share/config/KPackageKit

make sure that the first 3 lines read as follows.
  (Assumes you have Daily/None)

[CheckUpdate]
autoUpdate=0
interval=86400

If it does not match please do

stat ~/.kde/share/config/KPackageKit

note the time the file was last modified and see if that coincides with the
crash of kpackagekit.

Thanks

Steven

Steven M. Parrish