Anyone tried KDE LiveCD F12Alpha in qemu-kvm?

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 18:07:15 UTC 2009

I did ... without success. I get the following in .xsession-errors:

startkde: Starting up...
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib64/libkdeinit4_klauncher.so
kdeinit4: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
Communication error with KInit.
startkde: Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation.
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
startkde: Shutting down...
kdeinit4_wrapper: Warning: connect(/home/liveuser/.kde/socket-
localhost.localdomain/kdeinit4__0) failed: : Connection refused
Error: Can not contact kdeinit4!
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...

Do I miss something, or is this a bug?

Martin Kho

P.S The LiveCD works when booted without qemu-kvm.