KDE-SIG weekly report (35/2009)

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:52:10 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 25 August 2009 18:41:46 Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
> topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
>  to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

>-------
>
> = Weekly KDE Summary =
>
> Week: 35/2009
>
> Time: 2009-08-25 14:00 UTC
>
> Meeting page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2009-08-25
>
> Meeting Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-
> meeting/2009-08-25/fedora-meeting.2009-08-25-14.05.html
>
> Full log:
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-08-25/fedora-
> meeting.2009-08-25-14.05.log.html

>-------
>
> = Participants =
>
> * BenBoeckel
> * JaroslavReznik
> * KevinKofler
> * LukasTinkl
> * SebastianVahl
> * StevenParrish
> * ThanNgo

>-------
>
> = Agenda =
>
> * revisit KDE 4.3 feature page
> * get.fedoraproject.org
> * KDE 4.3.1
> * phonon-backend-gstreamer
> * F12 blocker bugs:
> #515539 - prelink: process for the fileprotocol / desktop protocol died
> unexpectedly
> #499968 - port PackageKit-qt to PolicyKit 1.0
>
> = Summary =
>
> o revisit KDE 4.3 feature page:
> * In official KDE 4.3 announcement the feature of using Google Calendar in
> KOrganizer was promoted. [1]
> * But the corresponding googledata package wasn't released as an Extragear
> package and only exists in KDE's svn. [2]
> * To use the feature someone has to package it for Fedora when a tarball is
> released.
> * Until then this will be removed from the feature page. [3]
>
> o get.fedoraproject.org:
> * Over the weekend there were a large discussion about a new design for
> get.fedoraproject.org. [4]
> * MáirínDuffy requested our goals for such a design. [5] So we should take
> this to the fedora-kde mailinglist.
> * Additionally an own subdomain for our KDE spin would be interesting.
> * StephenParrish will contact Fedora Board to get a subdomain up.
>
> o KDE 4.3.1:
> * KDE 4.3.1 will be tagged on Aug 27. [6]
> * ThanNgo will prepare the packages for Rawhide.
> * LukasTinkl will take care of the updates for F-11 and F-10.
> * SebastianVahl will build the corresponding Extragear packages.
>
> o phonon-backend-gstreamer:
> * phonon-backend-gstreamer was added as default phonon backend in Rawhide.
> * Until now there were no negative feedback.
> * The warning about the default setup (pulseaudio) should be fixed now.
>
> o Must-fix bugs for F12:
> * #515539 - prelink: process for the fileprotocol / desktop protocol died
> unexpectedly
> [...]

Today glibc-2.10.90-15.x86_64 was released. It's change log says:
----------------
* Mon Aug 24 2009 Andreas Schwab <schwab at redhat.com> - 2.10.90-15
- Update from master.
  - fix fortify failure with longjmp from alternate stack (#512103).
- Add conflict with prelink (#509655).

I couldn't wait till it reached the mirrors so I downloaded it from koji. At
first it was a big disappointment, kdeinit4 crashed ;-( But issuing
/etc/cron.daily/prelink brought everything into live again. Maybe the latest
glibc somehow forces a prelink which I missed with my manual install.

Maybe someone can report if the issue is solved with the latest glibc update
after following the normal update route. Let's hope it is :-)

Martin Kho