Critical problem with all F11 LiveCDs

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 19:05:07 UTC 2009

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> I recently purchased a "Acer - Aspire One Netbook AO751H-1346" which
> comes without an optical drive.
>
> The following installation methods via USB drive failed:
> - Live (gnome)
> - Live-KDE
> - Live-XFCE
> - netboot.iso to disk as live image

No problems on EEE 1000HE with both netboot.iso and Live-KDE installed both
fedora live-usb creator and unetbootin, here. Are you verifying md5 if you
downloaded iso by hand? What about trying to boot with various kernel
arguments (specify them in the syslinux.cfg) such as noacpi and various
others?

--
Ryan Rix
(623)-826-0051

Fortune:
You are standing on my toes.

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.