font size in panel

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:10:53 UTC 2009

Sometimes when I login, the panel (or at least, the task manager?)
starts with a nice, small font.  Other times, I get a large one.

Long ago, this was caused by plasma crashing on login, and restarting (I
think).  It seemed that at first it had the small font, but when it
crashed and restarted, it had the large font.  I see no evidence that
it's crashing now, but I don't understand what's going on.  I would like
the small font, so I have more real estate.