KDE F-12 login slow

Benjamin K. Stuhl bks24 at cornell.edu
Mon Dec 7 18:53:10 UTC 2009

On 12/7/2009 10:44 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed logging on to KDE under F-12 to be slower than
> on F-10/11?  Are there any tools out there to record timings of the
> login process to see what might be taking longer?

Indeed I have noticed -- the login seems to have a long pause at
whatever stage 2 dots on the splash screen refers to. (Observed on both
a 64-bit Core 2 Duo and a 32-bit Pentium III machine.) If someone has a
machine running kernel 2.6.32 around (i.e. rawhide), a "perf timechart"
of the login process might be very interesting...

-- BKS