problems with authentication

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Thu Dec 10 22:56:10 UTC 2009

Hi,
	I am having problems with authentication on kde after Tuesday updates,
there were several so I am unsure about the culprit.

I have kde-* active as well as fedora-updates-testing. From Tuesday updates I
have reverted hal.

The problem comes when using kmail or konqueror. On konqueror any secure page
access fails, i.e., on any page that requires a password the authentication
will fail regardless of the fact that the password is correct.

On kmail the problem is less acute (well annoying is more the right word), as
on every time that I send a message it complains that the smtp certificates
are unknown. If I ask for them to be accepted for ever it will send the
message but next time I send the message I will receive the same information
and the same request.
--
José Abílio