Desktop effects question (nVidia)

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 00:00:02 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 17:43:20 Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Out of curiosity,
> I am using rpmfusions Nvidia drivers but I can't get any of KDE's desktop
> effects to work, everything else seems fine. Is this a known problem?

It works for me, with all updates applied from Fedora repository and
RPMFusion. What card do you have ? Make sure you enable the driver itself,
then maybe try restart X (log out and re-login). Also, watch for this bug:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/Common#Problems_when_using_KDE_with_the_proprietary_NVIDIA_graphics_driver.2C_some_Radeon_dual-
head_configurations.2C_or_nouveau_with_KMS_disabled

I use the test build listed there and it's been working fine.
--
AC